Honeybadger is much more fun when you bring some friends to the party. The easiest way to do so is to assign projects to a team, then invite users to join your team.
What can users do?
All of our paid plans let you invite your co-workers to collaborate on your projects. The table below gives a few examples of what different kinds of users can do.
|Work with errors, uptime, check-ins, etc.||✅||✅||✅|
|Configure personal alerts, like email||✅||✅||✅|
|Configure chat, issue tracker and repository integrations||✅||✅|
|Invite and manage users||✅||✅|
|Assign projects to teams||✅||✅|
In addition to the above permissions, account admins can manage the account (including billing) and grant account admin permissions to other users.
You have three options when inviting users. You can invite them…
- To a project: Inviting a user directly to your project is the easiest route, as long as you only have one or two projects.
- To a team, which has been assigned the project: This is the best route if you have more than a handful of users and projects.
- To an account: Users are automatically added to an account when added to a project or team, but adding users to an account is the way to go when you want those users to have the Owner role.
How to invite a project user
To invite a project user, simply go to “Settings” and click on “Users” in the sidebar. Here, you’ll see a form where you can enter their email address.
Your invitee will get an email with instructions on how to proceed.
How to invite a team user
To invite a team user, view the Users tab on the team detail page. You’ll see a form where you can enter their email address.
If you’re not sure which team is associated with a project, you can see the list of teams that are connected to a project on the Users tab of the Project Settings page.
How to invite an account user
Go to the Users tab of the Account Settings page to add a new user to your account:
When adding a user, you can choose which role the user should have (Owner, Admin, or Member), and which teams that user will be able to access. As with project and team invitations, users will receive an email with a link to join the account.
You can optionally provide single-sign on (SSO) to your team members via one of our supported SSO providers: Google Apps for Work, Okta, or OneLogin. Provider-specific configuration instructions are found on the SAML SSO tab on the Account Settings page in the app, but, generally speaking, the configuration process goes like this:
- Create a custom SAML app in your provider’s admin dashboard.
- Download the IdP metadata from your provider and add it to your Honeybadger SAML configuration.
- Configure the custom SAML app with the information provided on the [SAML configuration page].
After those steps are completed, your team members can log in through your SSO provider’s dashboard, or they can enter the SSO name provided in the SAML configuration when signing in to Honeybadger.